Stingray pellets

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I have a few young stingray that I have just gotten to eat live red worms as well as live blackworms.

I have heard you can get them to eat pellets and I was just wondering what kind of pellets you are feeding your stingrays? Mine are reticulated stingrays if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance.
Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Offer them with each feeding. Slowly they will get use to them as food.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Some people soak pellets with worm 'juice' and claim moderate success. I have never tried this method but instead, I would do a small feeding of worms.. then follow up two hrs later with a small amount of the sinking carnivore pellets. Repeat until the pups are fully on the pellets. Worked out everytime for me! If worms are mixed with dry food, the pups will have 'worm preference' and it might actually take longer for them to adjust to the pellets.

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Some people soak pellets with worm 'juice' and claim moderate success. I have never tried this method but instead, I would do a small feeding of worms.. then follow up two hrs later with a small amount of the sinking carnivore pellets. Repeat until the pups are fully on the pellets. Worked out everytime for me! If worms are mixed with dry food, the pups will have 'worm preference' and it might actually take longer for them to adjust to the pellets.
Cool I will give that a try!! Any particular carnivore brand pellets you use?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Sturgeon pellets. Soak them in frozen prawn or mussel why they defrost then give just the pellets to the rays. Give the defrosted prawn or mussel on the next feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store