Arowana acting strang. Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Ok so I added some aquarium salt to the tank and he seemed to go back to normal. I did a 40% water change today and he's back to acting super strange, he is much worse with these actions then in the video. What do u guys think??? I first noticed it after the the last water change note I just started adding water directly to the tank and treating the hole tank with prime all the other fish seem ok but he seems stressed. http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/j...140803_200839_zps0dc0defa.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Wow that came out horrible. I have no idea why it posted three times and with that other pic. This is the video, so sry every one:(

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
No not at all he only seems todo it after a water change. Maybe my tap water sucks or somthing? Could be a coincidence but it seems when I add tap directly to tank he does this. I didnt notice it when I was conditioning the water first and then putting it in rather than conditioning the whole tank and then adding tap. idk I'm in the dark right now.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Posting multiple threads is not going to produce a solution as testing the water parameters will.

Can't understand why people don't test the water.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
You must think this is my first time around the block or something. I only ask for help after I have checked and double checked all the simple problems it could possibly be. It is a insult for you to think that I dont check my water first before asking for a possible solution. My water is as perfect as its going to get. My first post I got a couple answers, I tryed the salt, after a couple of days he was fine so weather the salt helped or not I dont kno. I did another water change then he started doing it again, someone asked me to post a video so I did. Maybe before you go jumping to conclusions as to what I do and dont do, maybe you should actually read what I put. If you had you would of read that my water was testing really good.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I read what you post. No where in either thread do you state anything about your "perfect" water. So maybe you should read what you post.

Here's an idea, since you seem to have missed it while driving around the block. TEST YOUR TAP WATER. :duh: Probably high levels of chloramine buring your arowana's gills. Or maybe you could just start another thread.

BTW....yes I believe you have no clue what you are doing. Too bad for your fish.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Maybe I will, and I have never added tap water directly to the tank untill about a week ago when 15 people on this site told me its ok to add tap directly to the tank as long as I treat the entire tank with prime so I've done it twice. And out of all 8 fish in that tank only the aro had a problem. I have nothing to prove to you. I've been fish keeping for 10 years and have never had a fish die on me other then from age, I've had some fish for 8 years now have you???? I doubt it. I bet you feel real big over the Internet but if we where face to face I guarantee you would feel super small. I'm just glade the majority of the people on this site are helpful and rarely judgmental to questions of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store