Too much lighting

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I have two 24w full spectrum bulbs on my ten gallon. I does have quite a few live plants. The tank is really lit up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
The wpg rule doesnt quite apply to nano tanks the same as it does big tanks however you are pretty high light. Hope you have plants making use of it and good fert schedule so you dont have algae nightmare. Have any pics?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
It's only been running for about about a month now. I finally got the algae under control though. It was an algae mess for a couple weeks haha It's been some work. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
WPG doesn't really mean anything at all tbh. Its more about the PAR, and the type of lighting you have, as you can have a t8 using more WPG than an LED and the LED will give you more PAR simply because that's what LED's do (at least good ones)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
WPG doesn't really mean anything at all tbh. Its more about the PAR, and the type of lighting you have, as you can have a t8 using more WPG than an LED and the LED will give you more PAR simply because that's what LED's do (at least good ones)
If you want to get really technical you could also say PAR doesnt mean much for plants compared to PUR because a lot of light in the wrong spectrum is still high par but could be useless for plants...

http://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2012/03/pur-vs-par-in-aquarium-lighting.html?m=1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store