Need Help

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
So my girlfriend pointed out to me that one of my newer clown loaches and blue ram had white spots on them I missed. The clown loach has three on its tail and the only has one and as of 1pm today I could not see this white spot anymore. I have immediately began to raise the water temp to treat for ick. I will try to post pictures later but th loach but it may be too quick to take a picture of. I'm actually not even sure if its ick but they are small white spots. (this is my first attempt of keeping tropical fish after keeping natives for 6 years) Also I have noticed another one of the clown loaches has really colorful fins but his body looks super pale. It looks like it is having a difficult time keeping its dorsal up and noticed it flashed multiple times inside on of my pots I have for cover for the fish. It also went on its side for a few seconds as well. This loach has zero signs of any disease and I'm wondering if its a parasite or internal ick if thats possible? Its only issue is all of his color is drained into his fins. This is a 30 gallon tank (I know its overcrowded) and I was planning on moving most of the fish to a 90 gallon next week but will have to wait until everything is cured. Also will be vaccuming and at least 20% WC when I get home
Current Stock
4-Clown Loaches 2-3"
2-Ompok Padba 4-4.5"
2-Blue Rams 2"
2-Tinfoil Barbs 4"

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Well, with no ammonia, no nitrites, visible flashing and some spots on the new fish, I would act as if it's ick until I knew better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store