What's Your Opinion?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok so here's my dilemma. I have three 1" yellow perch currently in quarantine in a 14 gallon Rubbermaid bin, I have two choices where to put them, where do you guys think would be better (both tanks would be growouts and they'll eventually go into my 75 gallon and then into a tank in the 150-240 gallon range).

Option 1) A 20 gallon tall (24" x 12" x 16") next to my 75 gallon in an area with low traffic. Pros: not much movement in that area so that means less stress. Cons: it'd be a smaller tank than the other option so they'd grow in out faster and I'd have to buy a stand (I already have the tank).

Option 2) A 30 gallon long (36" x 12" x 16") under my other 30 long in my dining room. Pros: bigger than a 20 tall so they'd last longer in it as growouts until I'd have to upgrade them, I already have the stand and would just need to get a used tank. Cons: being close to the ground in a high traffic area (especially during holidays) thered be a lot f movement and possible stress causing things going on around them.

Which sounds like a better growout for 3 yellow perch?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store