Is this what I think it is?

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
Kind of hard to tell, if you could a better pic maybe that'll help. Another tall tale sign is that they are not feeling well is if their dorsal fin doesn't stay up. Is that the case with yours or just so happened two of those clowns fins were down?

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Kind of hard to tell, if you could a better pic maybe that'll help. Another tall tale sign is that they are not feeling well is if their dorsal fin doesn't stay up. Is that the case with yours or just so happened two of those clowns fins were down?
This clown loach with the white specks on it's tail is fine looks fine and is swimming now problem. There is another one that is showing the symptoms of not looking well and being unable to keep it's dorsal fin up. This fish has no visible signs of ick but I did notice it's fins were darker than the other loaches

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I've found loaches to particularly susceptible to ich. (Duh, scaleless) but a half dose of salt and bringing those temps up always cleared it up nicely.
When my girlfriend pointed out the spots I immediately raised the temp to 86-88 range. I think I'm going to add a teaspoon for every five gallons to help that one that's struggling

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ChanceDylan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2014
Beaumont, Texas
Yeppers, looks like ich to me. Salt and raising the temp like everyone else said is pretty much the best thing that you can do. From what it looks like you caught it quick so it should disappear pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I was unaware that a fish could have ick but no visibile signs like the white specks. The loach with visible signs is normal as can be has not flashed or anything. Then theres another one no visible signs but is/was struggling keeping its dorsal up, having a tough time swimming, and flashing like crazy. I am beginning to see improvement in this one yesterday morning and this morning he was back with his shoal swimming fine but yesterday afternoon he got lethargic again.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
i am going through a bought of ich on one of my tanks right now and I was really worried because all my fish weren't showing any visible "white spots" until just yesterday when I began to notice the dots but they were all showing terrible stress behavior (flashing, shimmying, clamping) I didn't know it was possible either. I have only had to deal with ich once before and I knew they had it before they were acting odd. I think maybe it depends on the coloring or even the individuals health.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store