Stingray 911

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
My p14 hybrid looks like he is in alot of trouble! His tail has been in the raised position and his coloration is much darker compared to last night. Looks like he is trying to expel something and giving all his might... almost looks like he is having seizures. Will try and get a video of him soon. Anyone else experience this with their rays?

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Been like this since 3 hrs ago... almost looks like he is trying to take a big &^&^ but it's stuck. All the other rays/fish in the tank are doing fine.. it's just him. Feeding has been normal. Water is fine... everything is in check. The ray is about 4 1/2 months old and is about 6 inches.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Sorry to see this bro. I had one that did that once and was dead shortly after. She was heading towards a worm then my male scooted towards her and she just backed off, spazed out, and died. She was around 18months old at the time.
Sorry I don't actually have an answer for you. Another member had the same experience as I. Cause also never determined.

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
That is hard to watch, I lost 4 rays 3 weeks ago due to a filter malfunction, and I watched all of them do the same thing and it was the most helpless feeling in the world! I hope that is not the case for you, it is a beautiful hybrid. Good luck!

valderi123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2009
Golden, CO
Had a similar experience. turned out to be a ph crash. It didn't bother any of my dats or aro, the big rays were okay but my smallest ray to it real hard. tail sticking up and seizing, it was very tense but i nursed her thru.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
He is still alive... no signs of improvement tho....his body is beginning to get stiff... should I just spare him the pain and pull the plug?

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Yikes! Your water looks really clear. How long have you had him in the tank. I would instantly start a prazi treatment and big water changes daily if he is still alive. Not gonna hurt anything.

The tank have been running for 3 months... and he has been in the same water for about 2 months. There are 4 other rays in there with him.. all the other rays are doing fine. I think moving him and putting him on Prazi might do more harm then good. I run a RO drip that turns the water over at least once every 6 days or so.. Big water changes kill plenty of fish, I don't trust big water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store