Fish Quotes

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
One of the best and truest quotes i have ever read is from the owner of "Rocky" the giant snakehead that authorities tried to seize but the fish ended up dieing of natural causes a year after.
The Owner Said This:

This isnt just a goldfish you get at the fair and flush down the toilet he said. “Ive got 11 years of stories with him. I want him to always be with me, to always be talked about.

I feel that this describes our hobby very well. People think of fish as a disposable boring pet. But they could not be further then the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

GeraldOngSL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
Singapore
One of the best and truest quotes i have ever read is from the owner of "Rocky" the giant snakehead that authorities tried to seize but the fish ended up dieing of natural causes a year after.
The Owner Said This:

This isnt just a goldfish you get at the fair and flush down the toilet he said. “Ive got 11 years of stories with him. I want him to always be with me, to always be talked about.

I feel that this describes our hobby very well. People think of fish as a disposable boring pet. But they could not be further then the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Totally Agreed! But then to be extremely honest sometimes I do feel a little sad seeing my fish getting confined in the tank :( Such a pity they can't breathe without water otherwise i'd take my fish for a walk in the park hahahha

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, put them on a swimming pool with ya. Make sure the water is dechlorinated first. I don't recommend swimming with piranhas.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Then yer screwed!! Hahaha fish are awesome creatures.. I don't understand why some people would think they are boring. :p Many fish have a lot of have a ton of different personalities, some exhibit vibrant beautiful colors/patterns, unique behaviors and they look even better when put in a tank that is hardscaped with sand and rocks, or aquascaped with a lot of plants with driftwood.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
:eek: There are even some studies, evidence out there that say keeping fish tanks helps lower high blood pressure and helps people live longer.. Owning and watching fish tanks relieves stress, IMO and is pretty relaxing.. so it's understandable how fish tanks would support one's physical health, and also mental health by soothing the mind..

Pretty cool, eh.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
:eek: There are even some studies, evidence out there that say keeping fish tanks helps lower high blood pressure and helps people live longer.. Owning and watching fish tanks relieves stress, IMO and is pretty relaxing.. so it's understandable how fish tanks would support one's physical health, and also mental health by soothing the mind..

Pretty cool, eh.
I think thats due to the fact that we spend all our money on tanks and fish, and we don't have much left for alcohol:p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store