Fly River Turtle

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
This guy has been with me for a few years but he has been in the witness protection program(WITSEC);).

Thought it was time for him to shine before he goes to his new home.

[video=youtube;V3RLzO-IGC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3RLzO-IGC0[/video].

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Clean looking FRT!! Nice Aro too.... must be nice to live in an Aro friendly country.
Thanks, he was neat to have until his diet started to change and he started to pick at the white spots on the rays. Didn't want to chance it so I sold him before anything bad happened to a ray. So many different things to hold in a fish tank so I always like to change it up every so often. I never get attached to my fish so it's not hard for me to sell them.

Aros aren't my cup of tea but I thought I should own one for a while to see how they are. I never liked seeing the drop eye,plj and other defects so I thought I would never own one but never say never. LOL Been in the hobby a long time so I didn't want to be that guy who never owned one.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I just feed him algae wafers but he will also eat massivore and used to eat smelt. Has eaten carrot before too but haven't real tried much in the way of veggies. Maybe I will try apple as he must be getting bored of algae wafers after eating them for so long. I always go by why fix something that isn't broke. The wafers have done him good and his shell didn't turn up from a high protein diet.But I imagine fruit and veggies would have done him better but all my tanks are full of predators and feeding wafers is convenient.

WP_20150530_002.jpg

Stickyricepaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
So I took algae wafers, broke them into little pieces, and shoved them into bits of apple. After about 2 weeks of that he ate a wafer on it's own. Now he's eating them regularly. It's been about a month on them and his shell is getting more green already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store