Something new

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
As some may know I've been away for a while. I took a break after losing my beloved wolffish Pain. Ive been itching to get back into the hobby. I dont really want nothing crazy. I dont even have a tank but im looking for something interesting that will do in a 29-55 gallon tank.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
A freshwater puffer. Something like a Congo, Arrowhead, Hairy or Dragon would work pretty well in like a 40B.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I actually used to have a figure 8 puffer but i dont find them too interesting

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Honduran red points very good personality and colors.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
im enjoying my 5 star generals, thats an option. smaller piranha species or an exoden tank?

Wrightt3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2013
England, United Kingdom
Is there anything in particular that interests you?

I would personally recommend pike cichlids. There are plenty of species that grow to around 6 inches and would be perfect for a tank of that size.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
If i went with cichlids i would go with calico cons or chetumales. I personally love wolffish and know a ery would be perfect for a 55.im just looking for other ideas.

Piranhas are illegal in Connecticut

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Is there anything in particular that interests you?

I would personally recommend pike cichlids. There are plenty of species that grow to around 6 inches and would be perfect for a tank of that size.
I used to have a bellycrawler and sevni they were pretty cool but seemed to hide alot

Wrightt3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2013
England, United Kingdom
Hujeta gars might be a possibility if you go for a 55. I've never personally kept them but they look interesting.

Some of the smaller snakehead species might also be an option, are they legal where you are?

As for pikes, it really depends on which species you go for. my C.Lucius is very active!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alright dooms how's tricks ? I would personally go with the red wolf and I know how much you love wolfs ;):D
Alternatively rocket gars are pretty cool I had a group of them be warned they jump through tiny gaps lol
Cichlids - as mentioned hrp are nice , or firemouths
Have you thought about a breeding pair of kribensis ? I used to breed them colours are amazing , and there very active little cichlids digging all day , very nice fish IMO
I'm also loving Justin's 5 stars there proper little monsters check his thread out
You could even go African and have a little black calvus group I've got a couple there great looking fish , fearless little things aswell they never run and hide when it kicks off :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store