Hello all - Arjun from Dubai

arjun.muralee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dear fellow MFK members.

How you all? Myself Arjun, settled in Dubai, but based in India.

I am an aquarist and I love to see fishes and aquarium all around my home.

Now this is how it all started.

I got a 80x40x50 cms tank as my birthday gift and then i bought a baby silver Aro in march and some Gold Fishes and a suckerfish. Everything went well till Aro grew upto 42cms within the first four months.Ive been feeding pellets, fresh & dried shrimps, peas, cockroaches but most preferably shrimps. Tad disappointingly I found that Aro got slow and found hard to turn properly and it even stopped eating.I almost understood that I had to replace the tank and bought a bigger one, which measured 120x40x53cms. I replaced the Golds for Oscars (both Albinos & Tigers)in the new one.

Except Aro eating, everything else went well with the new tank for the first week. But then , one day morning I saw the Aro floating around and was unable to swim. After some research I found that the problem is swim bladder disease. I put the Aro to the smaller tank, and with water just 2" above the fish and some aerators and heaters, I started watching it. Also placed decor piece on her side so that she won't fall or float around. This went on for 4 days but everything in vain and I lost her :-(...So now its just the Oscars and sucker fish.

I somehow feel that I could have saved her, if I knew somethings better.

This is why I'm here and now I want to study properly everything about them.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'm planning to get new Aros (mostly yellow or red tailed) soon and the later on flower horns, rays, etc[/FONT]

Good to be here and hope to learn loads of stuff from here.

Regards,
Arjun

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store