Fahaka puffer tank set up

L98Z28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2013
PA
I'm finally getting my dream fish since it's baby fahaka season. He will be going in my 90 gallon till I get my 180 set up the way I want it. Both tanks are running with fish in them now.

Anyway, I need some feedback/help on decorating the 180. I suck at this. I look at some of the tanks in here and my jaw just drops. Beautiful tanks on here. Anyway the tank is in a high traffic area and with only one fish going in it I need it to pop. I was thinking some live plants but I know they will get uprooted, and I'm not looking for extra work when it's time to clean so I think I will use some life like fake plants. I have black sand now but was thinking of using pool filter sand instead. The drift wood it have now I want it to stay. I want ample room for swimming, but the tank just looks so bare. So any suggestions, help, ideas please let me know. Filtration is an fx5 and 2,200 gallon per hour 40 gallon breeder sump. Thanks guys I want my friends to see this tank and be like damn!!!!

Here's a pic of how it's set up right now. I am open to all suggestions I will be changing the background to any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407430332.874072.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407430433.822330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
These fish produce a lot of waste. I would go with live plants personally; they'll help keep your nitrates in check. Just attach some anubias and java fern to the driftwood; bolbitis and some crypt species will work as well. Maybe use some pothos, water lettuce, or water sprite for a floating plant. The tank won't look bare once he's 12"+. It sounds like your filtration will be fine.

This was my old Fahaka tank. I built up some driftwood on one side of the tank so the Nics had a place to retreat if needed. They were great for cleaning up scraps.

[video=youtube;6_2Fb9-Pe3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2Fb9-Pe3I[/video]

L98Z28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2013
PA
I already have pothos in the sump sorry didn't mention that. I love the look of crypt what type of lighting would I need? I just have a standard light setup on top of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store