My fish us blind!!

luggy978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Burnley, Lancashire, UK
I've had an EBJD for about 6 weeks. He's about 14 weeks old and doing ok. Well so I thought. He's been in a community tank but recently moved him into a 29 with a Royal plec. There both under 2" and will be moved into a 75 hopefully.

My problem is I think my ebjd is blind. When he was in the community tank I couldn't observe him that well but since he has moved I've noticed that he can't see food unless its right in front of his face and when he strikes at it he still misses!!! I've fed him frozen bloodworm by hand and kinda taught him a spot in the tank where I put sinking cichlid pellets. It's like feeding a baby!!! I just need to know what you guys think. Will he have to be in a tank on his own forever and will I have to baby feed him all the time?? Will he live? I've just noticed that his eyes have started going cloudy as well. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Tough luck .
But please move him to a tank of his own, dont add/change decor, potential injury. You will have to hand feed him at the trained spot for life

Sent from my GT-I9105 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Part of EBJD's traits, unfortunately. Had some EBJD are like that. EBJD are full of weird detects from inbreeding and they are fragile at any size.

luggy978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Burnley, Lancashire, UK
Ok. He's in the tank now on his own and I'll hand feed him. I do like the little chap. Just one more question. Could I put in s couple of dither fish to see if he'll start to take flake of the surface? Or just leave him as he is?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store