How to dispose of fish tank (urgent)

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
So today my dad and I are going to finishing up disposing of my old 40 gal that was likely to have been infected with TB. We took all the decor and almost all the water out so now all that's left is a layer of gravel and some water embedded in it. We don't know whether we should separate the gravel or leave it in there, and what to do with the tank. Should we leave it out in the street like the rest of the garbage? I live in a NYC suburb if that helps. We're gonna be replacing the tank with a new one earlier today so it's sort of urgent thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
You could sell it on Craigslist

Sent from my SCH-R830C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
The point of getting rid of the tank was because it is inhospitable to fish because there is a likely chance that TB is in it, which can't be killed off by bleach or soap. So I decided id just but a new one.

Well if it's fish TB and it thrives in water why not let it get bone dry and leave it that way for a while like a month. Later on fill it back up and add in some feeder goldfish...if they die then you know for sure the tank has TB if not then you know the source of the TB was elsewhere

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I say drain it and bleach the heck out of it or if you are that worried drain it ,put it somewhere out the way and get a 40B from Petco or something

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
Well if it's fish TB and it thrives in water why not let it get bone dry and leave it that way for a while like a month. Later on fill it back up and add in some feeder goldfish...if they die then you know for sure the tank has TB if not then you know the source of the TB was elsewhere

They can live outside water for a long time. It's just safer to get a new tank. It can't be that hard to throw one out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store