Ughhh!!! White worms!!!!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have tiny white worms swimming around in my water and on my glass. What is it and how do i get rid of it????

***125 GALLON: 1 Red Devil and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Vieja Syn, 1 Jack Dempsey and 1 Green Terror.***

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Thank you so much. They are so disgusting. Will they harm my fish?

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Not so much feeding less but making sure uneaten food is cleaned out of the tank asap. But as far as I've heard they're not harmful. I used to have that problem too and I started to be more careful during feedings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
+1 and water changes to keep the water pristine and good vacuum every time. they live on the nutrients in the water. remove that, remove the problem.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
They arent harmful at all just gross to look at. Many fish like betta and tetras would love to hunt them and take care of the issue but it doesnt seem like small fish would survive in your tank. Reduce feeding and especially reduce any leftover food and keep the tank cleaner and they will go away. Just to be sure we are talking about the right worms they move in a wild zig zag pattern and are most noticeable after a wc?

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yes they move in a zig zag pattern and are very noticable after a wc

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Planaria (sp?) I had that issue. Whenever I cleanrd my fx5s they were in there by the hundreds. Clean filters and substrate often, less feeding, clean water.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
I had them a while back all my cichlids snacked on them as much as they did algae not hard to get hard to get rid of just takes while fast your fish maybe one day a week and add one more wc a week while your vacuuming the gravel take a algae scrapper or a mag float and brush them off the glass and suck them this will take their numbers way down if you have blue moon lights they'll make them stand out like a sore thumb

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I figured they will take a while to get rid of. Well as long as they do not harm the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store