7x4x2 glass tank build

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
It's finally on the horizon! My 420 gal for my rays and their tank mates. They're currently in a 6x2x2 with a fire eel. A huge, stunning royal clown knife, 4 oscars and an ornate birchir.

So why glass? Here in the uk acrylic is hugely expensive. Plus with the rays and me continuing my sand substrate it wouldn't take link for the acrylic to look shabby.

As above its a 7wide by 4deep by 2high. So a nice foot bring for my 3 rays.

The stand is mate from steel, and I'm currently (pics to follow) in the process of wrapping it in black polished wood.

Filtration wise, there will be a k1 filter and a HUGE sump that I've made from plywood and will be lining with pond liner. There is 40 litres of k1 then the water will flow into my 4x2x2 foot sump with 3x2x1 will be full of lava rock (most already cycled, k1 is currently cycling with chemicals now)

any pointers on how to connect a 6mm airline to my tap pipes for a drip system is more than welcome.

Here goes....

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
Last pic for tonight is the 2 bits of ply on the top which will support the tank it's self. They are both 18mm thick. The jobs for tomorrow will be sort the pond liner in the sump. And get all the filtration stuff ready. So that's 2 water butts positioned, one for k1, the other for heaters and plumb it all together with the sump as well. Also hopefully I'll be skinning the sides for that I'm not painting the outside of as they'll be against the wall

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store