Who knows about ugj systems?

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Looking into one for my 220 just have a few question

How many jets do I need / can I have? 6'x28" foot print I'm looking to have a very gentle flow

If I do a ugj system I saw one on youtube where it was just frame work from PVC with hold drilled all over if this better then having jets every so often?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

phishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
Arkansas USA
I have had the grid work style on my current setup for about 4 years. I use the return pump "reeflo dart" 1.5" output approximately 3000 gph from my wet dry sump. It feeds a short spray bar that I can control with a ball valve at the water surface, then to a manafold with 5 3/4" pvc pipes running the length of the tank with small holes drilled every 4" on either side. The tank is a 6' 225 gallon with about 3" of gravel. My system does a great job of keeping the gravel clean, and I believe that pumping clean oxygen rich water into your gravel boosts the bioloical filteration, instead of stagnate water/gravel.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Great looking tank, I love the rocks and now I kinda wish I went with mbuna instead of frontosa lol I wonder if I copy the grid type if I can use it with pool filter sand hope it won't blow it all around but your tank is giving me ideas on how to setup mine

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store