Black or silver?

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Got a new aro today .... Not seen a silver aro wit colors like this one b4 it has stripes with orange tent in its fins and also has a lot of shiny blue when it swims and turns never seen black aros but the silvers that I have seen t just silver so not sure witch this is but it was sold as a silver
Oh and it's barbels are also black and baby blue

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407627452.452247.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407627380.771906.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407627565.721270.jpg

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Yep silver. Silver may have different color variation, with having light pink fin coloration to none. Black/blue have that distinctive black and blue fin coloration at that stage. Most LFS also know what they have and would sell them for $200+.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I recently saw some silvers at an lfs that had more colors than the usual silver, but as others said, they do have variations and if it was a real black/blue aro, you could tell because they have really distinctive colors. And i think blacks don't have that dark spot behind the gills like the one in your pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
The colors may or may not fade and it might develop some coloration along the fins that you'll like. But the silver aro is just that, silver. It may not be a colorful Asian or even a black/blue but it still is a beautiful fish! One of the things I like about arowanas is that they keep swimming around the tank and usually won't bump into things like other fish tend to do. All this aro talk makes me want to get another one!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
The colors may or may not fade and it might develop some coloration along the fins that you'll like. But the silver aro is just that, silver. It may not be a colorful Asian or even a black/blue but it still is a beautiful fish! One of the things I like about arowanas is that they keep swimming around the tank and usually won't bump into things like other fish tend to do. All this aro talk makes me want to get another one!

Lol man iv went through 4 baby aros in the last 6 months all 4 died a diff way ... Baby Oscar killed one ...one Died from a disease... One jumped out tank .... One does from unknown cause ...this is my 5th one .... I have everything perfect now only fish in tank with it is 2 2" bichirs got lids water perimeters r perfect there is no reason for this one to die like all the. Others lol this one was the only one of the 5 that had these colors tho that's y I was wondering

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store