What is the best water clarifier?

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
What is the best and safest water clarifier? I was thinking about getting bio magnet. My aquarium sand came with a free sample and it seemed to work ok but I was wondering if there was a better option out there.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Water changes... about the best there is.

In all seriousness, Purigen does a great job of making the water nice and crispy, I'd suggest it to anyone trying to make a clean tank appear even cleaner.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I only ask becuz I recently changed from gravel to sand and the tanks been a bit cloudy sense I lost my bacteria in the gravel. So I was just looking for a temporary solution untill the tank becomes a good bacteria haven again.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Only thing you can do is wait it out or add some more bacteria. If your bacteria is out of wack then water changes will only prolong the suspended cycle.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Yeah I noticed that the tank gets cloudier with water changes the longer it goes with out a change the clearer it seems to get to a certain point. I just upgraded to two rena xp3s from two emperor 400 so I have all 4 running right now, so I'm sure when the xps3s get cycled it will help allot. How would you run d.e. in a aquarium?? I own a pool company so I kno all about filters for pools but iv never heard of anything like that being used on as fish tank.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Yeah I noticed that the tank gets cloudier with water changes the longer it goes with out a change the clearer it seems to get to a certain point. I just upgraded to two rena xp3s from two emperor 400 so I have all 4 running right now, so I'm sure when the xps3s get cycled it will help allot. How would you run d.e. in a aquarium?? I own a pool company so I kno all about filters for pools but iv never heard of anything like that being used on as fish tank.
http://www.diatomfilter.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store