Poly tank

Vilardz3190

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
Rockville Centre, NY
Hey all. So I have 5 polys so far an albino,delhizi,ornate,teugulisi, and endlicheri. There all small guys right now until I move them into the 125. It's going to be planted as well. I'm looking to see what plants others have used with these guys and also what type of dither I can use with them. I know there kit dither but I've heard you can keep cnentomas with polys. Looking for any info thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Ime they don't mess with plants. They are compatible with anything that doesn't fit in there mouth and visa versa.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
I have ctenopomas with my bichirs and not even my snakeheads mess with the spiky ctenopomas. As for plants I have bolbitis, anubias and java ferns. All very hardy plants that are low light but will require to be attache to a driftwood or rocks. As if the rhyzomes are submerge it will rot. Very hardy plants as well that dont easily break apart. For floating plants I have frogbits, dwarf water lettuce, floating water grass, hornwort and anacharis. You can plant anacharis and horwort on the substrates as well but bichirs will just uproot them.

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
I have my bichirs with java fern on driftwood and marimo moss balls on the floor.

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
It's not the best picture, but you can see most plants are compatible so long as they have enough time to get rooted.

ToqKx3V.jpg

Plants: anacharis, hornwort, water lettuce, frogbit, duckweed, water sprite, wisteria, hardy water lily, amazon sword, anubias nana, anubias barteri, couple types of cabomba, java moss attached to a rock. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple too.

They all absolutely LOVE to hang out in the floating anacharis. The palmas polli actually sleeps there.

ToqKx3V.jpg

Vilardz3190

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
Rockville Centre, NY
About a month with these dudes in the 46. The 125 is pretty much prepped to move all the plants and polys into. T5 and T5 HO lights with Co2. It's going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store