Jungle setup

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Just thought I'd share this quick. Not much to it, but I set up this 30g about 6 months ago with no idea what I was doing. Half water/half land with some pothos and some cheapo Walmart plants. Extremely low tech. Basically forgot about it and let it go but just took some time checking it out and thought it was actually kinda cool. No inhabitants yet but now interested in some suggestions??uploadfromtaptalk1407674064215.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
That looks awesome. I really want to do something similar some day with archer fish so they can hunt bugs on the sticks and stuff. Your tank may be a bit small for them but thats a cool setup you got there

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Archers would fit the bill , maybe a tree frog or two :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
Those are little palms in there. They'll get big! But although I'm no botanist, I do know that palms grow incredibly slow.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Thanks all for the input ... Yeah now that I think about it they were palms. Want to get the tank cleaned up a bit and possibly add a couple aquatic plants..maybe just a variety of grasses. Thinking with such little amount of water with the tank split and only about half full after that, my options for fish are quite limited. Any thoughts on a couple Anoles??

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I'm not thinking anoles, maybe a large bug or something. Dwarf rasboras or lampeyes would look fantastic!

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Cool jungle. So basically it's like hydroponics/aquaculture in there. Natural-looking; awesome. The plants will love the constant water movement around their stem and roots, and also waste from fish, organics, and etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store