Hello Everyone!

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I've been an exotic aquarist quite some time now. I've personally like to catch my own weirdos since I live on the south Florida coast, but my all time favorite fish is the mudskipper(my friends think I have an unhealthy obsession with mudskippers). Though I'd much rather smaller oddballs than large ones. I've kept worm eels, bichirs, mudskippers, clingfish, sargassumfish, and several other species that I consider miscellaneous. I hopefully will provide several experiences of my aquarium hobby and be available to ask and answer questions. Thank you!:D

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
:welcome:

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
you have joined a mad house. long as you know that going in, enjoy the ride!!! :ROFL:

some great fish keepers here. and we like pics and vids!! :headbang2

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
Well thank you, pops, for that lovely welcome wagon! I assure you that I will enjoy all the insanity this forum offers!

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Welcome to the forum!
Wether you want to keep working with small "oddballs" or make the step up to larger predators, you'll find what you need here :)

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
Thank you Chub_by! I actually want to go to the ichetucknee river to find some pygmy sunfish for my planted tank next summer.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Agreed large variety of fish keepers here. every thing from neon tetras to rays to arowanas and cichlids,

i am a medium size cichlid guy, have Jags, Oscars and JD. love a a dovii but 180 will not sport that. tanks are 180g, a 90g, 2- 75g and a 34g grow out.

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I have tried to like medium sized fish like cichlids and sunfish, but I just find them awkward. I always think a 75 is too small for a 7 inch fish, but then, I see a 180 and I think that I could make an amazing planted for tetras or something. I guess everybody has their own niche.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome! Agreed with the last several guys that there is a forum on here for pretty much anything! I'll keep anything but above all I like pretty much any US native fish and catfish from anywhere in the world. I've got 5 tanks now and setting up my sixth. I feel you with the cichlids, I even have 3 kinds but they annoy the crap outta' me when they bug my catfish. Can't agree witch the sunfish though, love my Green sunnie :)

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I love US natives. In Florida, I get a lot more saltwater beauties than freshwaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store