Amazon biotope help!

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I'm trying to find plants for a 72 gallon bowfront that are native to South America that are easy to care for in low light. I'm going to start off with a bright light, but, with some duckweeds and several bits of driftwood will dim it down underwater with beams of light that will escape from the open cracks between the leaves and decor at the surface.

The problem is, is I don't know much about the plant sides of aquarium keeping. But I do know the niches of the plants that I would like: well, duckweed of course(I guess I can find some myself from a pond), a couple of lilies randomly planted to block out the light more efficiently, a carpet of microswords on the nearest sides of the center of the tank, but the actual center is pool filter sand. On the far edges of the tank should be a taller plant, but won't reach the surface( think cabomba-like), and in the middle between the carpet and the edge would be something like a lace leaf or water sprite. The only two things I am asking for specifically is it to be a South American native and easy to care for, since I have a wilted thumb.

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
Thank you! And by less annoying, you mean, not as proliferating?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store