liquid rubber?

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
hi mfk im getting ready to start my first plywood tank. i want to do a 300 gallon 6x3 tank with a glass window, im still planning and getting my supplies ready. im still looking for a good brand of liquid rubber and ive already looked at pond armor and rubberize it. they both seem to be pretty exspencive and i heard they were suppose to be about $50 a gallon but they are much more. can anyone recommend another good cheaper brand? thanks

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
I'm not personally familiar with any of the epoxies or liquid rubbers used in a plywood tank but I have been doing some homework and from what I understand, most people's complaints about the liquid rubber stems from the fact that they don't use enough of it. Apparently you have to use quite a few coats to achieve waterproof thickness. Uaru Joey has a video on YouTube (I believe his username is King of DIY) where he builds a large tank sealed with just liquid rubber and he recommends a couple different brands.

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
yeah uarau joey is what inspired me to start this build. i looked up rubberize it one of the brands he recommended but its going for abot $90 a gallon, which is the cheapest i found so far. permadri is another brand i found they have a product called pond coat if any body has any info on it?

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
could u list some of the pros and cons?
Not from personal experience, I've used epoxy, and it just wouldn't feel right to be pointing out problems others have had. Quite possible MTBjake is correct on the application rate. I would just read a lot of build threads here and decide for yourself, there is no right or wrong answer!

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
yeah uarau joey is what inspired me to start this build. i looked up rubberize it one of the brands he recommended but its going for abot $90 a gallon, which is the cheapest i found so far. permadri is another brand i found they have a product called pond coat if any body has any info on it?
Wow! $90/gal is pretty spendy. Have you considered using a pond liner cut to fit?

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Nice. Good luck with the build. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store