Clean up crew for a moray eel?

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I have a tessilate moray eel, I'm not even going to try to put other fish in with him knowing how aggressive he is but my question Is, would a starfish ( brittle star) be ok with him? I was told that the eel could eat the starfish but I don't fully trust some employes at LFS. I have 7 long spline urchins in with him as well. Do you think they would be enough as a clean up crew?

image.jpg

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
You could try cleaner wrasse..

They get along fine.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
or even a Crab....it eats leftovers and is not harmed by the moray.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Ok that sounds good with the hermit crabs! Would a conch be ok too? And has anyone had their brittle stars eaten by there moray?

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I had brittle stars with morays with no issues...same with snails

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
As well as conches....

navykorman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
Rhode Island
I have a tesse too. You have a beauty... I have had no luck with any fish in there. He has managed to have an expensive appetite for anything i put in there. As for the CUC, I have had shrimp,snails, hermit crabs and urchins with luck. The only thing is the hermits will try and compete for the food i put in there but my tesselatta always will win. The coral banded shrimp that i have in my tank cleans the eel like a personal dentist. It is really cool to watch.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Pretty much anything that has a hard shell SHOULD be safe with your tessy. Some people have had luck with just throwing a lot of cleaner shrimps as well. That didn't end up well when I had my fimbriated though

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store