Rescued Dat

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I just picked this guy up from our local big Al's. He is about 5" long and really skinny and battered, fins ripped. I talked the manager into giving me 75% off on him. I'm hoping I can nurse him back to health. He was in a tank full of 8" tinfoil barbs and some good size 4-6" Africans that were picking on him mercilessly. So far the only food I can get him to eat is freeze dried shrimp. But I will be trying to get him onto pellets. American Tiger? He's very silver compared to my indo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
Very very bad shape and wounds? on that indo... I think you should put him in another 10g tank then put in melafix and salt. Keep feeding whenever food he's eating. Get him some size and then train him to eat pellets. Indos are fairly easy to train. Good luck bro!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
He's in a 35 gallon by himself right now so I can treat him right in the tank. Ya I'm not gonna try pellet training until he's looking healthier. He's in bad shape but he appears to be doing good since I got him home. And I'm just happy he's eating anything. I wasn't expecting him to eat for a couple days.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
Hopefully he will recover for you sounds like you have it all under control.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I dunno about totally under control lol. But I figured he stood a better chance in a solo tank with me than in the tank he came from.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Is he stable already? Lol that was quick

image.jpg

image.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good save,I can't see any wounds in the photos but that's probably due to my small phone screen.I was thinking it might have had an infection if some kind.Good to see its color has come in and looks to be doing better but it needs go be fattened up.I would try some cut up shrimp that are stuffed with pellets..

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
That's a good idea. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Great save, it's looking normal already. Kudos to you for picking him/her up before it's too late.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Here's a little update on this guy. He goes stable while eating and then unstable most other times. But he is eating well now and the weird bumps on him seem to have all but disappeared. Still pretty skinny though so I'm feeding him as often as he will take food.

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store