This sucks!!!!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Every company I order worms in bulk from is having problems with the heat so I can't order in bulk. I'm having to revert to "my first ray" status & raid the fishing stores of their 2 dozen packages... 30 dozen doesn't last long.

Anyone else having this issue? Where do you order from here in the North West that has bulk orders for (large) earthworms?

uploadfromtaptalk1407804338298.jpg

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
My P14 pair and one of my female leos will only take live so I have no choice. That and I feed my pregnant BD female earthworms as a morning meal so I have to have some on hand.. sigh..

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Can't help you with your supply but the answer would be to train them to eat just frozen and pellets. Cheaper,easier and not hard to do.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
And this is why it's always best to get them on to pellets hot or cold they always travel well

There is no my fish won't take pellets all fish would rather eat than die

It's not the fish that are hard to brake it's the owners who start to panics if the fish hasn't to food for a week or 2

I have never had to feed live with any fish I have had EAT OR DIE that's my rules no matter how much a fish cost

Good luck just don't panics and give in your the boss and the keeper they are your pets and you make the rules not them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
No ideal what stock you feeding but i have no issues getting large night crawlers at still water store or here in Monroe, WA. but i only buy 3 at a time. between those and super meal worms, 3.50 for a hundred lots of treat food. perhaps break them to tilapia.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
+1 Tika any thing else a treat.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
To clarify, congrats if you have broken all of your rays of live foods (I'm 80% there but not quite done). I haven't so I don't really care if you have or haven't, that is not the point here.

I pointed out I am struggling to source many and asked where others are sourcing theirs. I prefer to break fish from a food source on my terms when I know a supply is available if it doesn't work.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My reg place just jacked up their price so i started cutting back slowly. It was starting to cost way too much

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
My reg place just jacked up their price so i started cutting back slowly. It was starting to cost way too much

Even for your pregnant females? The majority of rays in my house eat tilapia and massivore as a staple but I have been dabbling in some other pellets as well. The P14's could care less about any other food and will not eat for 2 weeks (my breaking point) if not earthworms.

If my sources jacked up the price I would happily pay but they flat have them as not available...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store