Black diamond and black diamond Leopoldi

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
As the title says , can anyone tell me the differents ? Or it's the same , hybrid ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's a grading system for leopoldi p13

Lowest grade is leopoldi
Medium grade is bd leopoldi
Higher grade bd
Highest grade bd thousand island

It's all crap in my eyes as who can grade something on the amount of spots they have

If you like it buy it if not walk away you shouldn't buy any fish just on the name it's given by the seller

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa

Lowest grade is leopoldi
Higher grade bd

It's all crap in my eyes as who can grade something on the amount of spots they have

If you like it buy it if not walk away you shouldn't buy any fish just on the name it's given by the seller

True bro , I just don't wanna get scam like them telling me it's a bd when it's not , just case it looks like it

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012

Lowest grade is leopoldi
Higher grade bd

My understanding was that it did not have as much to do with grading as it did with collection point. Black diamonds being from Sao Felix i believe? Known for their 3 rows of spotting and extensive belly spotting. Either way they are all leopoldi species, but i was once educated that you can have a leopoldi with 3 row of spotting and good belly spotting and it may still not be a bd based on collection point (of the parents likely).

Considering every captive bred generation gets more desirable traits like this generally, i personally like and think the common paradigm is a way of rating them just like T1 said, but I'm pretty sure some hard core purist ray keepers may have something to say about that.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
My understanding was that it did not have as much to do with grading as it did with collection point. Black diamonds being from Sao Felix i believe? Known for their 3 rows of spotting and extensive belly spotting. Either way they are all leopoldi species, but i was once educated that you can have a leopoldi with 3 row of spotting and good belly spotting and it may still not be a bd based on collection point (of the parents likely).

Considering every captive bred generation gets more desirable traits like this generally, i personally like and think the common paradigm is a way of rating them just like T1 said, but I'm pretty sure some hard core purist ray keepers may have something to say about that.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yes your right but as many are captive bred now it's near impossible to track collection points so my collection point would be Europe

So you just need to go on what you see

Unless you are buying wild caught which to be fair is a bit of a risk when laying out that kind of dollar

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store