Suggestions for Common wolf-fish tank mates?

jarman45

Feeder Fish
Aug 12, 2014
Lexington, KY
Recently I bought a common wolf-fish for my 150 gallon aquarium. I knew they were an aggressive species… but man is this guy aggressive. He is only about 4", but in the past week he has eaten all 3 of my chinese algae eaters, a flower shrimp, my horseface loach (which was an inch longer than him), a golden dojo loach, a kuhli loach, as well as polishing off 30+ feeder mollies. I was thinking of putting my 6" needle nose gar in there, but now I am thinking twice. I would really enjoy more variety in the tank than just this little killing machine, so I was wondering if anyone has had a wolf fish with tank mates successfully, and if so what those tank mates were.

PS. He hasn't bothered my 4" african butterfly or my 5" rainbow shark…. so I don't think he kills for the hell of it.

Thanks, Adam

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Not much honestly I had a tiny 1 around 2" a few years ago and that thing killed everything! Took a huge chunk out of my payara which killed it, ripped the head off a fire eel and there were about 20 feeders in the tank and it killed every single 1 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
From my experience wolves are lazy. I have had good luck with similar sized or larger cichilids especially tall bodied. The quicker they are the better the chance your wolf won't chase them down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store