150 Gallon Tall Tank Ideas?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey everyone, decided to come back to the "dark side" of the forums as the freshwater members call it lol. With a new upgrade 150 gallon 48x24x30 with corner overflow decided to take its talents to the ocean instead of the amazon river which was originally thought of.

This tank will be a FOWLR:

There is one kind of fish that must be in this tank simply because they are notorious for having the best colors. So all the tank mates will have to be safe with an angelfish. Right now the BlueFace Angelfish is the main target on the angel list...what do you guys think? Are blue face hardy also any other recommendations for an angel?

So I'm basically looking for tank mates for a BlueFace Angelfish or an angel fish that you think will look the best as well as not delicate for a 150 gallon tall tank?

Some of my ideas include the following: Also all tank mates will be smaller or the same size of the angel

Australian Harlequin Tusk
Niger Trigger
BlueJaw Trigger
Green Bird Wrasse
Voltains Lion Fish
Snow Flake Eel
... ^Those are just some fish that come off the top of my head as I write this, of coarse triggers and lions can't be kept together without caution but just an idea.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I would oh with a more aggresive eel. The more aggressive they are the more you'll see them out and about in stead of hiding all the time and piping its head out for a quick sec. All those fish are aggresive and bold enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it. I would go with a jewel but if you want to be want to be safe and what a crustation eater then I would go with a zebra instead of the snowflake. But that's just me. I'm a eel fan ha

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
In the salt world your tank is a 120, the extra height is almost useless as far as livestock goes. The blue face needs a 200 or so gallon tank, it would be a temporary fish at best. The niger trigger, and green bird wrasse also don't go in this volume in my opinion. This is the minimum tank for the tusk, volitans and blue jaw in my opinion also. There are a lot of cool things you can do with a tank that size, but for long term success I would look to smaller species. Probably not what you want to hear, but reality in my opinion at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store