Flowerhorn and Texas blue cichild ??

Fish Mama

Feeder Fish
Aug 13, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Hi i have a Rio 240L juwel tank, I upgraded for my separate FH and TB, My female flowerhorn 5" and my male texas blue 6" have been getting along since i put them in over month and half ago, and i've seen signs off breeding from them my flowerhorn,She went real dark colour,ate less food and her anal gland was/is a large size, when i came home from work today i arrived to see hundreds off little brownish colour eggs all around a flower pot and on a piece off slate i have placed, along with jbl river sand ,moor wood,rocks,vallisneria nana and catappa XL, there really looking after them guarding making sure no one goes near. i have (sm convicts x2)(parrot cichlid x4)(ansistrus x4)(zebra/pakistani loach)(firemouth x2)

does anyone no if these fish have successfully bread before and if so is there any tips yous could share so i can help them out i would really appreciate it,Thanks !

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
By "Texas Blue" I'm assuming you mean H. Cyanoguttatum ...check out the Flowerhorn, Blood Parrot, and Hybrid Sub-forum under the cichlid forum. It's been done before, intentionally and unintentionally. You'll know within another day or so if the clutch is viable (all the infertile ones will be white). You shouldn't have to do much to "help" them out if the adults turn out to be good parents. Cover the intake of your filter with a sponge to keep them out once free swimming. You'll probably lose some to the other tankmates as they venture away from parents.

Fish Mama

Feeder Fish
Aug 13, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
thanks mr.manaconda :) i will check that out,
unsuccessful this time i came home to them all gone :(
im just going to leave them at it hopefully success next time,
just happy they get along!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store