Something is wrong :-(

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I just don't know what is going on but I just can't simply seem to sit back and enjoy this hobby. I am Never happy with what I am keeping in my 125 gallon. I am pretty content with my 60 gallon. Maybe having the two tanks just gives me too many options to just simply enjoy what I have. I am seriously thinking about selling my 125 gallon. I just remember enjoying the hobby so much more before I bought the 125 or maybe I need to figure out what type of fish and activity makes me happy. I just had higher expectations for the joy a 125 gallon would bring.

***125 GALLON: 1 Red Devil and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Vieja Syn, 1 Jack Dempsey and 1 Green Terror.***

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Sounds like you have some nice and interesting stock... Can't see the issue... Maybe it's just that your more of a acquire and sell type of fish keeper, some people buy fish keep them for a short time and sell them to keep things interesting... Or maybe it's just time for a break... Not too sure on this one hope you can find what your looking for in the hobby. For me I set goals. Once I get a fish I set goals like for instance I tell myself lets see how good I can get the color on this oscar by 6 inches or let's see how big I can grow this fish out or something to that nature.or let's see if I can successfully breed some new type of fish and breed out for good genes. I tend to dislike non personable fish and keep with the personable fish like oscars, umbee etc... Maybe this will help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I set a goal to grow my fish out to an adult but I think I have a Severe case of fish ADD. The only fish I can maintain interest in is a jack dempsey, but then I always want tankmates then I always run into trouble and end up stressed out. Once I fall in love with a fish a do a bunch of research by the time I get it then the thrill is short lived. I love activity and interaction between my fish but the fish that I am drawn too are too aggressive to be kept with much of anything. Once I got the bigger tank then I figured I could keep bigger fish but that just lead to a big tank with one or two big fish. I end up getting bored with that setup very quickly

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I could never sell the 60 because my husband build the stand and canopy for my birthday. I am not at all against rehoming the GT and Vieja and getting dithers for my jack

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I know how you feel I had my 40 for years with the same fish then that broke I got my 50 now I have a 220 I've had it about 4 years and I have filled and drained and changed the stock about 100 times. I get a fish for a month or two then swap and buy new fish then drain the tank then buy this fish and that and so on and so on

Well I think I found how to help my ADD of fish keeping I got a stock of frontosa easy good looking fish but now I'm going to focus not so much on the fish but on the tank the filter the sand the return pipes all in hopes to have the perfect fish and tank I feel this might work for me just to focus on the tank and keep the same fish but well see in a month

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Here is the canopy and stand my husband build. I will have it forever

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
uploadfromtaptalk1407979934614.jpg
Pic didn't post before

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I agree. With my 60 gal it is more about the tank and stand. I don't focus too much on the fish because anything will look great in that tank. My 125 just does nothing for me so with that tank it has to be all about the fish. I just can't seem to find fish for the 125 that impress me enough to compensate for such a huge tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store