Bd update

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Nice look like they have grew quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
6 months since I got these. Gorgeous rays I think! Bd's are ridiculously expensive but agressive and extremely full of personality!!
Looking good. Are you keeping the tank bare bottom? What do you run for filtration?
Prices are coming down and you can get pairs for under $2500 now, probably lower if you shop around or buy from a hobbyist. Too many people breeding them for it not to happen. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel for people that like the BD look!

Latrelle

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2012
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Ya I think I'll keep it bare for now. They look better on it imo. I'm running fx5's / 6's on all my tanks. Pros and cons but works for me great until I have time to plumb in a drip system then I'll go sump. Pain to clean all the time but quiet and do the trick problem free so far.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Prices haven't dropped at all. All goes on quality! I mean ya u can pair for 2500$ but u get what u pay for and ppl don't realize that when purchasing rays. Then they spend years growing them out and realize the quality difference! Well as long as ur not tank blind to ur own fish. The whole "my fish looks like ur fish just with smaller spots oooo and a little less spot" bs. Rays are just getting interesting!!!guys that take pride in their lines will be pumping out some crazier stuff as generations of their lines progress.

Ml

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Matt ur rays look great! Really like the pearls!

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Here is some facts on my posting about pricing. Below water had wc black diamonds in stock back in April 2011 for $3200 each if you bought 3 or $3400 for one. Now you can get healthy captive line bred for all the traits seen in a black diamond for about $1200-$1600 each. So I would say the price has come down for people. They don't need to be ridiculously expensive as everyone is breeding them now and you just have to know where to look and what to look for in a ray.

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Captive bred was always cheaper. I payed less then that in 2011. And till this day wc Sao Felix bds are 4000$ per pce on the low side. Prices are higher for the higher quality animals. Fact is can't judge the market by couple examples sold for cheap... Red caravan ain't the same as a red ferrari..and they sure don't cost the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store