My dream tank plan, atlast :)

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
At long last its in the pipe line for next year to be started, lots to decide on but this is the plan i drawn up, it will be the conservatory we have now but then made into an extension, the seating area is the con`y now and the rest is infact the workshop that is there and a bit more added for the other leg in the L of the tank.
It measures 5300l and the tank dimes are each back side is around 11 foot 4.5 foot base with a overall tank height of 36inch.
Please excuse the filter workings, just did a rough one as no full plans but good to see it roughly how its going to be.

I have be doing a cost sheet for the building work and as i can do it all myself its going to be cheap, then the tank a rough cost of around.......i dont care :grinno:

What thickness concrete pad you think i will need, i am thinking 6inch ? the mor ei think though as it will weigh in at around 6ton with the concrete block base/stand maybe 8inch, either way that the easy bit.

TANK.png

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Thats really cool. I too want to put a tank in the wall. As im house shopping one of the main criteria will be a large basement room suitable for putting a 210 in the wall (a "false" interior wall) and building a bar in front of it. I wanna do cold water natives. Mainly sunfish.

Looks like quite the project. Forget the flat screen tv. Everyone is gonna be looking at the tank.

What are you gonna put in there?

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
Hi kida, if i get this built i can die a happy man :) i have found a way to show it in the full 3D so it can be viewed in all angke on this link.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=uf9049473-4e9f-4ab1-b0f1-385b289700f6

If i was in your shoes i would be getting the house to suit a min 1500g tank :) or build a house around the tank lol. good luck in the search, not easy to find the ideal house, and to get it to suit a tank OMG

Oh yes, Aro of which i havnt decided yet but i am getting a Silver baby soon and Peacock bass, i was going to gte rays again but i love the L numbers, golden, sailfiin etc, nice big Plecs:)

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
As much time as you spent drawing that on the computer you could of been starting on the real thing hah JK, looks good but I would go salt with it!

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
As much time as you spent drawing that on the computer you could of been starting on the real thing hah JK, looks good but I would go salt with it!
In the time i took to dram that would of only got the tools out lol, i am not that good with these tech PC things but that Sketchup is great, just updated to the 14 version so i could down load the file to here aswell. easy to use ;)
I would like Marine fish but the running cost goes a bit much for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store