Dodge Challenger Hellcat....over 700 hp..are you kidding me?

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
We are living in the golden age of sports/muscle cars. I never imagined a Cadillac that would rival a BMW M series, but low and behold, it exists (and it's so much fun to drive).

The ZL1 Camaro too me by surprise, but you're telling me now I have to worry about crossing paths with a Challenger? Crazy! Since when was 6.2 liters of supercharged bada$$ not enough?!? This is an amazing time to be a car guy. Pretty soon, there will be government regulations that'll make manufacturing/owning these cars near impossible. Then we're going to probably get away from internal combustion entirely and go electric. Nothing wrong with electric actually - the sports cars are going to be capable of things F1 cars have trouble with now. Despite that, I'm glad American V8's are looking to go out with a bang.

If someone actually gets one of these Hellcats, I'd love to go head to head - by that point I should have my boost up to 15lbs, and might stand a better chance :)

Reactions: J. H.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Depends on which Lambo you are comparing it to.

And why the heck would you put Pirelli's on a car that heavy? You'll go through the soft rubber in no time flat, and at $300 a pop ...

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
We are living in the golden age of sports/muscle cars. I never imagined a Cadillac that would rival a BMW M series, but low and behold, it exists (and it's so much fun to drive).

The ZL1 Camaro too me by surprise, but you're telling me now I have to worry about crossing paths with a Challenger? Crazy! Since when was 6.2 liters of supercharged bada$$ not enough?!? This is an amazing time to be a car guy. Pretty soon, there will be government regulations that'll make manufacturing/owning these cars near impossible. Then we're going to probably get away from internal combustion entirely and go electric. Nothing wrong with electric actually - the sports cars are going to be capable of things F1 cars have trouble with now. Despite that, I'm glad American V8's are looking to go out with a bang.

If someone actually gets one of these Hellcats, I'd love to go head to head - by that point I should have my boost up to 15lbs, and might stand a better chance :)
I agree, sucks my pockets aren't that deep bc there are some amazing cars out now.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
$300 for a tire isn't too crazy - My 305/30/19 Bridgestones cost me around that, but I am a sucker for a wide rear tire

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Are you just now hearing of this? I heard about it back in June
Lol,being the Dodge man that I am of course not.I wonder how far would my '11 Charger would get me on a trade in.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Wow, most hp AND fastest!! 10.80 on a radial is awesome!!:clap
[video=youtube;28krt9RCFj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28krt9RCFj8[/video]

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Go on Rocky,it's only sixty grand...surely you can swing that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store