Lone star tick can make you allergic to red meat

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Thats now taken a place up there with the bot fly on my list of bugs I least wanna be bitten by. Pretty sure Id deal with the hives for a fillet mignon though

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
my husband just received about 30 bites from chiggers.. he was out in the pastures chopping vines etc.. he said nothing has ever itched that bad.,

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
my husband just received about 30 bites from chiggers.. he was out in the pastures chopping vines etc.. he said nothing has ever itched that bad.,
Wow, I hope nothing serious comes of them.

Btw, every time I see your avatar, I always think your raising your left hand and stretching your fingers straight lol

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Wow, I hope nothing serious comes of them.

Btw, every time I see your avatar, I always think your raising your left hand and stretching your fingers straight lol
ha ha .. that made me laugh........ arm in back raised and fingers straight.....lol....i wonder if i can do that??.. His chigger bites are on the mend..thanks.. just unbelievably itchy....... hot showers in the middle of the night.. i know he wanted to burn them they itched so bad.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I got bite by a bunch of chiggers in the 90's . My legs are still marked up by them(it turned my legs a reddish color)

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I got bite by a bunch of chiggers in the 90's . My legs are still marked up by them(it turned my legs a reddish color)
This black bear got his head stuck inside a milk jug.

i think his marks will be there for life too.........how did you get your head out of the jug.. lol

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I'm a Lyme patient. I was misdiagnosed for 3 years. Developed arthritis in my 20's, constant fevers, brain fog, manic depression phases. Turns out I didn't have just Lyme so the first treatments I received didn't work. The bug that bit me infected me with borellia burgdorferi (lyme), bartonella (catch scratch fever), and babesia (malaria like protozoan). Coinfections.

I never got the trademark Bulls eye rash so no one thought it was lyme. Took years to find a doc that could properly diagnose me. Ended my ball career early, that's when I took up coaching.

Be careful ticks are infected with many diseases, don't believe the talk that it has to be attached and feeding for days mine was only for a few hours. Don't believe you'll always get a rash I didn't. Don't believe it's only in Connecticut, there are cases in nearly every state. If you have ANY unusual symptoms no matter how seemingly unrelated after a tick bite see a doctor right away. Many docs in New England prescribe antibiotics after any tick bite just to be careful.

I developed a peanut butter allergy as an adult around the time I was really sick with lyme. I also got alopecia migrans. I get random bald spots on my scalp and beard.

Sorry to rant but this could help someone some day

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Scary. Got arthritis in my 20's. Migraines. Severe alopecia (scalp and my beard is completely gone). Random sickly episodes....I'm thinking I need to go to the Dr Monday...

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Scary. Got arthritis in my 20's. Migraines. Severe alopecia (scalp and my beard is completely gone). Random sickly episodes....I'm thinking I need to go to the Dr Monday...
Sounds like my symptoms, if you go ask for a western blot test. The ELISA test is terribly inaccurate, but much cheaper so insurance companies convince the industry to give that one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store