Pond monsters

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
Has anyone successfully raised payara in a pond before? If so, share some tips and pics please and thankyou

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Has anyone successfully raised payara in a pond before? If so, share some tips and pics please and thankyou

They do it in Singapore.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I've tried to look it up and do research on it, but nothing. Do you know of a site or even just a video or pics of it. It would really be an amazing thing.

[YT]_5fWL00wm14[/YT]

Ponera

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Why would keeping it in a pond be an issue? Just make sure it's temps are okay, etc blah blah normal pond stuff but tailored to the fish in question.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I've tried to look it up and do research on it, but nothing. Do you know of a site or even just a video or pics of it. It would really be an amazing thing.

The guy in Singapore said he doesn't heat the pond. Don't know what filter he uses.
Here's my pond with cold water mahseer with no heater. If you keep tropicals like payara, you will put out a lot of $$$$ to heat the pond. As far as filter, search my threads. I have one on the pond filter.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?566016-My-Mahseers-outside

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store