Bargain!

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Was at the LFS today, picked up a decent little corner tank for £31, or 50 dollars, then noticed out the corner of my eye, a tank measuring 54x16x14, roughly 52 gallons. Priced at £60 (100ish dollars), complete with blue vinyl on the back.

Pic below, can't wait to set-it up, not a huge volume, but the footprint is excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1408211591922.jpg

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
that a good bargain, whats your plans for it??

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
What a strange footprint. Sounds like it was a custom size tank that someone backed out of, hence the bargain.

Great find.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
It was a custom tank for some office building apparently, then the buyer backed out so I got it discounted.

Right now as it stands I'd be moving my two blood parrots into it, but I am more than interested in hearing opinions on what you guys would do, I can always put the parrots elsewhere :)

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
It was a custom tank for some office building apparently, then the buyer backed out so I got it discounted.

Right now as it stands I'd be moving my two blood parrots into it, but I am more than interested in hearing opinions on what you guys would do, I can always put the parrots elsewhere :)

since it's long wide and shallow, I'd put gravel about 1/2 inch to 3 inches tapered from one end to the next then put either halloween/moon crabs in it planted heavy on the gravel side. Or dart frogs.
With a mix of the different neons that are out there over on the water side.

But that's just me.

Nice tank ya got there.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
No bottom trim correct? Make sure all 4 corners are VERY level or a seam bursting is very possible

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
since it's long wide and shallow, I'd put gravel about 1/2 inch to 3 inches tapered from one end to the next then put either halloween/moon crabs in it planted heavy on the gravel side. Or dart frogs.
With a mix of the different neons that are out there over on the water side.

But that's just me.

Nice tank ya got there.
Nice suggestion! This tank will actually be a downgrade from my 57g which I plan on selling, which is a chubby tank and just doesn't look as visually appealing.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
No bottom trim correct? Make sure all 4 corners are VERY level or a seam bursting is very possible
I hadn't even considered this, good point! Is there anything I could do to aid it structurally, such as adding to the bottom? I will definitely keep in mind to have the tank super level now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store