high back arowana VS RTG

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
hey y'all ,, as the titles says , whats the different ,, if someone can tell me that will be great!.. can't find anything on the internet ... btw ,, how come i also hear there is panda gold , but they look like a rtg .. is it just an name that the seller gives to get more money? well ,, from what i think about high back and rtg is that .. rtg only gets 4th level shine?.. and high back gets to 5th?... but how you tell them apart from a young age? 5-7 inches?

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I wish that I knew and could give you some good info, but we are here in the good old US of A and we have no business knowing this stuff anyway. ;)

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Its actually a little controversial Lol high back is really only a rtg with extra level of shine which just depends on its genes. Many people buy rtg and get that extra level. Just you would hope that the high back your gurentee that extra level

Sorry I shouldn't say good quality RTG cause you can have quality with the normal shine level also.

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
It's hard to tell them apart when they are young, even in person. You can put a single hb with a bunch of rtgs (the same size) and you wouldn't be able to tell which one is which. Personally, i wouldn't buy anything less than 8". That way, you can have a better idea of the fish's potential, and you can see wether they will develop de or plj. Goodluck!

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
It's hard to tell them apart when they are young, even in person. You can put a single hb with a bunch of rtgs (the same size) and you wouldn't be able to tell which one is which. Personally, i wouldn't buy anything less than 8". That way, you can have a better idea of the fish's potential, and you can see wether they will develop de or plj. Goodluck!
What is de and plj bro

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Drop eye and protruding lower jaw

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Gold aros ie red tail gold HBRTG or xback don't get PLJ as often as red aros

PLJ isn't something that develops with age it's normally always there even at 6" which is the legal size to sell Asian aro you just need better eyes to see it on a smaller fish

Drop eye is dam ugly and I couldn't live with it PLJ isn't as ugly and doesn't bother me as much

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store