Hi from the Netherlands

Pssymon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2014
Netherlands
Good evening!

I stumbled upon this site a couple of times.
This time I found myself on here again, looking for Paddlefish info.
I wanted to PM a member so I registered, but I can't PM since I haven't posted anything yet :D

So I might as well introduce myself.
My name is Roy, I'm from the Netherlands and I've been keeping sturgeon in my pond for about three years.
In those years things escalated a bit beyond what most people here keep in their pond, I started with one diamond sturgeon (Acipenser gueldensteadtii) at about 60cm.
Since I was succesfull in keeping it and keeping it very healthy, I got another diamond which was a lot bigger (about 106-108cm). The fact that I could keep such a relatively big fish was really interesting to me and the prehistoric look of them is really cool to me as well. After that I managed to get an Atlantic sturgeon (Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus), an Adriatic sturgeon (Acipenser naccarii), a White sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) which many here are familiar with and a Beluga sturgeon (Huso huso).

While adding fish I constantly read up on sturgeon and their requirements, and have been making improvements to my pond which is running smoothly at the moment.

I don't know how much I'll be online here but I'm looking forward to hearing from the members here and would be glad to answer any questions :eek:

Greetings,
Roy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store