It's on - Triggers

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Yesterday I picked up a 4" Huma Huma and a 3" Niger - today - will hopefully add the clown. Some of my fears were immediately dispelled. The dwarf hawk went right after the niger - niger bite'm end of story. The mimic went after the huma - huma bite'm end of story. The large angel wants no parts of this and the cowfish, well it's his tank. The huma got to close to the the cow and he did something I've never seen before, the cow lowered it's long horns and rammed the trigger - end of story.

My next concern is always feeding. I started out small as a test using seaweed extreme pellets, both triggers tore them up. Next I moved up in pellet size to hikari marine A. The niger tore them up, the huma seemed to struggle chewing the pellets but he wouldn't stop til he did.
I added 20 redlegs earlier this week just so the triggers had something natural to chew on. I'm gonna go get some frozen foods today aswell but I'm not a huge fan - too much nitrate and po4 for my style of an eco-complete sw tank. The skimmers been off for over a year and nitrates have stayed 20 ppm or less with treated tapwater top offs.

As for QT - after a huge marine ick mass extinction the 1st year of sw fish keeping - I kinda got in the habit of raising and lowering salinity thru out the year. I'll go from like 1.023 down to 1.018 over the course of a couple months when I had corals it was higher - it worked - the mimic tang was at one point covered in ick as was the hawk - this was like 3+ years ago never seen ick again, never used cooper although I always have cletted cooper on hand and large spare tanks in surplus. The out break was totally my fault - I overstocked way too soon, the bacteria in the tank was brand spankin new and I thought I could reproduce it quickly by hydro-carbon dosing with vodka - wrong the poor fish were under to much stress it was inevitable.

Speaking of surplus I saw a beautiful 4" undiluted trigger for 40 bucks, I've got a 2x 150's and 2x 75's and a 55 sitting empty - might just get this guy too.

Ill get pictures up shortly - it's been along time since I've posted any pics and I've gotten real comfortable not doing so - my bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store