Cant get seahorse to eat

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I have a 30g seahorse only tank that I recently pur sea horses in.
30g, whisper 30g filter, 40lbs live rock, 30 lbs live sand, a gargonia, a sand sifting starfish, cuc, and some live plants that have pods living in them, a pipefish, and 2 seahorses. I added it all slowly and added the 2 sea horses together most recently (on friday), neither ate until today but today I got one seahorse to eat great (ate twice today) but the other shows zero interest in food. It swims around the tank and holds on well but I can put food right in front of its face and it let's it just go past it. I have tried frozen mysis, grass shrimp, have tigger pods in the rocks and plants, and today tried live brine shrimp.

Disclaimer I have not seen the grass shrimp since I put them in with the sea horses. What can I do? what should I look for? What can I try next??? Fish store said my water is perfect on their liquid test kits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sea horse may be eating things from the live rock such as coepods, observe to see if sea horse is searching for food . Do not over feed just to get the one to eat, sea horse, and pipe fish require excellent water conditions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store