Moved fish around to regain interest...

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I am trying to regain interest in my 125 gallon. So I've decided to move my fish around. I want my jack dempsey ,green terror and vieja to be centerpiece to a community of smaller cichlids. I added two convicts which to my surprise have breeded already :) I would like to also add two firemouths after I find a home for my angelfish. Im sure the angel would not work long term. So far I am very happy with it because of all the activity. Do you all think I have room for anything else without it being chaotic? If so then what would you suggest? It's been a while since I had a community tank. My red devil is in the 60 until he out grows it then I will be forced to rehome him. I am very excited about this change. I hope it works out

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 2 Convicts, 2 German Blue Rams, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, 1 Vieja Syn and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Your rams and angel will be killed in the long term and the gourami might not fare so well either. And be aware breeding cons are evil little things. In the past pairs have claimed 1/3 of my 125 and held it against foot plus Oscars, Managuense, large red devils and a Butti let alone the various Dempsey and Gt. A trio of Firemouth may work but the 125 is pretty full as is.

Sent from my VS840 4G

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I forgot about the rams. They are a breeding pair. I had to put them in for now because my daughter no longer wanted to keep fish. Instead she wants hermit crabs...smh. Im gonna hate to have to rehome the rams but I have nowhere to put them. I also have a few guppies and cories from my daughters tank in the 125 but the guppies are intended to be feeders one day. The cories might get rehomed as well

My gourami is a huge bully so he is doing well

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 2 Convicts, 2 German Blue Rams, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, 1 Vieja Syn and 1 12 inch pleco.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
My cons have claimed a large hollow tree trunk and the corner it is in. So far they aren't too bad. Who know what will happen once the eggs hatch

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Careful with those cories also.
I had a jack dempsey try to eat one after they were in together about 3 years. the coriey's fin spikes were sticking out both sides of the gills and the roof of his mouth. After 3 or 4 days I tried to remove it and the dempsey died.

I replaced the corey with a 6 inch raphael cat and called it good.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
OMG! That is horrible. Looks like imma rehome the cories too. I would hate for that to happen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store