Leaving the world of monsters

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
Just a few days ago, my convict male of 7 years passed away. He was the toughest fish I have ever owned, and he was one of the best fish I have ever had. He has now joined his wife in fish heaven. I have never been so upset over a fish passing away. That is 7 years of my life, that I shared with him. He was there when I was still a nerdy little kid in middle school, and high school. It's just crazy.

But, since his death, I have left the sea of monsters and cichlids. I have always loved a community aquarium, and since my aquarium was never entirely suitable for large, predatory fish, I decided to go back to the basics; tropical community. And, over the last few weeks, I have been adding the following fish to my aquarium:

55 Gallon:

- 2 Dwarf Gouramis; 1 Flame Red, 1 Turquoise/Neon Blue
- 1 Red Tailed Black Variatus Platy
- 2 Red Wagtail Platys
- 2 Mickey Mouse Platys
- 2 Rainbow Platys
- 4 Corydoras melini
- 4 Angelfish scalare
- 5 Serpae Tetras
- 14 Neon tetras

I understand I may be overstocked with this aquarium, however, I have always enjoyed an aquarium full of fish. I do not intend on adding any more fish to this aquarium. In turn, I have over 300 gallons of filtration, I perform weekly 50% water changes, and I am constantly checking the pH, NO3, NO2, KH, and GH, which are always normal. I intend of turning this aquarium into a planted aquarium, and I already have many, many bulbs of various plant species in the aquarium now just about to sprout! Live plants will also help balance the water.

I will have pictures soon!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Im sorry for your loss. I hope you enjoy your new setup. I can't wait to see pics!

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 2 Convicts, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, 1 Vieja Syn and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store