Urgent!! Help needed with sea horse

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Short story: I have a 30gal cycled seahorse/pipefish tank. Have had a pipefish for a month or so and recently added 2 seahorses about a week ago. I didnt notice when I bought him and the bag wasnt see through but one of the sea horses has a cut on its tail. Until today he has been the more active seahorse and was eating really well so this did not concern me however just starting tonight he is laying around alot more in a seemingly unhealthy way. Like curled up on the sand with his face down. He is still swimming sometimes but does not appear healthy. uploadfromtaptalk1408495381199.jpg that is the wound and it has not grown or gotten smaller in the week and he had it at the fish store for a while (I saw it on him a couple weeks ago but I didnt notice I had gotten the injured one when I bought them). The other seahorse appears fine and the pipefish is fine. What can I do to help him? This behavior isnt normal for this horse as he is usually scooting around the whole tank.

I already did a 40% wc just now when I saw a problem but would very much appreciate some advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store