Dead tin foil barb 8" why?????

Crystal Clear14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2014
Illinois
Ok I've been doing freshwater for many many years. I usually do 70% WC 2x a week. I have two of the TFB in there. Well today they consumed all there massivore. No problems. Did the water change couple hours later,shut off the light like usual came home maybe three hours later to find him floating? No signs of anything. I'm at a loss on how and why. Any suggestions? Also, the other barb is perfectly fine lol. Along with a 14" xingu, channel albino cat, IT. Any input thanks.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
Have you been feeding Massivore as a regular offering? Wild TFB are primarily herbivores, and while aquarium fish will often eat most everything offered, they still should have substantial veg and plant matter as the major portion of their diet. Just wondering if the premature death is improper diet related?

Crystal Clear14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2014
Illinois
Have you been feeding Massivore as a regular offering? Wild TFB are primarily herbivores, and while aquarium fish will often eat most everything offered, they still should have substantial veg and plant matter as the major portion of their diet. Just wondering if the premature death is improper diet related?
Well I've only had them for about a week and yea I have only massivore. Didn't know they were herbivore lol. They eat everything that touches the tank. Mmmm maybe I shouldn't feed them that? The only one is fine though.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
You should google the TFB, read up on it. I cant say for sure of course that Massivore killed your fish, but its def not a food they should primarily exist on. I have one about 10ins in a large community cichlid tank. All the fish get a fair bit of veg matter, spirulina based and kelp pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store