Crocodile skinks?

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Just wondering if anyone on here has ever kept crocodile skinks? Any info would be appreciated. Trying to decide on the perfect creature/creatures for the land portion of a paludarium I'm in the process of building.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I remember someone was asking earlier about them as well. I don't have much info about them but they're nocturnal so don't require uv lighting and are semi aquatic. They also like humidity around 70% and make sure there's a lot of hiding spots. Also don't use a heat lamp cuz they tend to dry out the substrate extremely fast and make it really hard to keep a high humidity. Radiant heat or belly heat is the way to go with them. That's all I know

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
If you're on facebook there is a Tribolonotus group that could help. Ivan is mostly correct, though I do know people who use heat lights.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Keep them nice and wet. Feed them crickets and roaches dusted with vitamins, and do not touch them- they stress out like chameleons but freeze up and seem tame rather than petrified so most people love them to death. I had a customer walk into the shop with one on their shoulder and it was dead there- guy just thought it was being chill.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Keep them nice and wet. Feed them crickets and roaches dusted with vitamins, and do not touch them- they stress out like chameleons but freeze up and seem tame rather than petrified so most people love them to death. I had a customer walk into the shop with one on their shoulder and it was dead there- guy just thought it was being chill.
Thanks for the info! You think one would do well in a 55g paludarium setup? And wow...that guy must have felt like a complete ***hole!...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store