Should I go for it?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Made a shoutout to my friends to see if anybody had any spare tanks they wanted to either give or sell to me and got a tempting offer. Here's what was offered:

"2 Tier Fish Tank"
Includes two tanks, a 30 long and a 50 (which looks more like a 55 to me), a stand that perfectly holds both tanks (30 on bottom and 50 on top) that looks exactly like a log cabin with spaces for the tanks, 2 HOBS, 4 "tropical sharks", 1 "tropical fish", and lights for the tanks.

He's asking $350 for everything and it looks to be in good condition. I'd probably sell the sharks assuming they're balas or rainbows or the like but I might decide to keep them if they look good. But I'll probably sell them and breed something in them.

Should I go for it or is that to much in your guys opinions?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Didn't you say you aren't allowed any more tanks? If I were you I'd save the money for that pond you're gonna build! :)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Didn't you say you aren't allowed any more tanks? If I were you I'd save the money for that pond you're gonna build! :)
Well a trip today to my local fish clubs best breeder with my parents convinced them to let me get a few more and the fact I'd be breeding in them certainly helps pay for it. Personally tanks have higher priority over a pond to me since I can put them in my Fishroom.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Trust me mate, I have both and (even though I can only see the fish half the year) pond > tank by so much!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
For $350 I would get a bigger tank. (and have)
Ok, think I'll just wait and try to find some more offers at cheaper prices. I don't think I'll go for this setup unless he lowers it to at least $200 or less.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Not sure where you're located, but here in the DC area we rarely get those sweet west coast deals. I was patient though, and I recently grabbed a 240 acrylic (8x2x2) for $240. There are better deals out there. I'd wait for something with a larger footprint. ;)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure where you're located, but here in the DC area we rarely get those sweet west coast deals. I was patient though, and I recently grabbed a 240 acrylic (8x2x2) for $240. There are better deals out there. I'd wait for something with a larger footprint. ;)
Thats actually the largest footprint tank I've ever seen offered from a friend of mine which is why I posted a thread on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store