Mature Clown Loaches fighting??

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Went to close up the office and noticed two of larger loaches dancing:D... I've had loaches on and off for a very very long time but I have never noticed my loaches doing this. Sure.. I've seen some of the larger ones fight and bite, click and throw each other around but this I have not seen. CL expert help! Note: they have been at it for about an hour now.[video=youtube;yplXOqjbUt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplXOqjbUt0[/video]

I C Mud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2014
Winnipeg
They are indeed not happy with each other and being roughly the same size are probably fighting over pecking order. What temp do you keep your tank? If possible (if tank kept at 80 degrees or more) you may want to turn the temp down a degree or two. I also notice there is no where for them to hide, unless I'm not seeing something. There is no place for them to retreat so their only choice is to fight.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
They are indeed not happy with each other and being roughly the same size are probably fighting over pecking order. What temp do you keep your tank? If possible (if tank kept at 80 degrees or more) you may want to turn the temp down a degree or two. I also notice there is no where for them to hide, unless I'm not seeing something. There is no place for them to retreat so their only choice is to fight.
There are two pcs of Big driftwood that the Loaches use when they feel like retreating. Seems like they were just fighting..:irked:.. Oh well... wishful thinking

[video=youtube;_Wiy4edvLO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wiy4edvLO8&list=UU8rDw4U531z16SdG0PuYfPQ[/video]

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Vince like another poster said they are fighting to establish there pecking order (i have seen mine do this) once they figure it out everything should go back to normal. Are they your 2 biggest? what about 8 inches?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Fly river turtle. Pretty rare stateside, and you can't import more. They are beautiful creatures, almost like freshwater sea turtles. They, like most any turtle, are equipped to kill fish so they can be little devils. They are fully aquatic, although I've heard some people talk of them making use of basking areas. All in all a very cool addition to big tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store