My natives you want it i can get it

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Over the past 5 years i've had some interesting fish in my tanks. Currently all i have is a 12'' american eel Who i saw for the first time in 3 weeks today! (he spends all his time buried) but in the past i've kept chain pickerel (raised from 1'') i gave them away at 13'' and 15''. 2 bowfin one tried to eat my puffer and the other not really sure both were 4'' their the only fish i've ever had trouble raising. i also had channel cats, madtoms, sunfish, yellow and white perch, and many other things i cant think of. but if there is a native fish you want (other then drums) i can get it or tell you were to.
~Aaron Hasircoglu

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Over the past 5 years i've had some interesting fish in my tanks. Currently all i have is a 12'' american eel Who i saw for the first time in 3 weeks today! (he spends all his time buried) but in the past i've kept chain pickerel (raised from 1'') i gave them away at 13'' and 15''. 2 bowfin one tried to eat my puffer and the other not really sure both were 4'' their the only fish i've ever had trouble raising. i also had channel cats, madtoms, sunfish, yellow and white perch, and many other things i cant think of. but if there is a native fish you want (other then drums) i can get it or tell you were to.
~Aaron Hasircoglu
Nice! Where can I get a margined madtom and a small (less than 6") white bass?

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
I can get a couple margined madtoms from 2-5'', pure strain whites are hard to find, but i might know somebody who raises them for restaurants. i can definitely get hybrids though

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Is there anyway you can get juvi mirror carp? I've been looking for a long time. BTW I see you're in Lancaster and I'm there a lot the gf lives in Mount Joy.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I can get a couple margined madtoms from 2-5'', pure strain whites are hard to find, but i might know somebody who raises them for restaurants. i can definitely get hybrids though
Perfect size, just have to check a few things first, can you ship? I'm outside pittsburgh. Thanks about the hybrid but I need a pure, it's for a Lake Erie biotope and there's no hybrid stripers in erie, as much as I'd love to have one regardless it would outgrow the 180-240 gal it'd go in, if I ever get a larger tank or a pond I'll let you know about the hybrid though :)

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Is there anyway you can get juvi mirror carp? I've been looking for a long time. BTW I see you're in Lancaster and I'm there a lot the gf lives in Mount Joy.
because mirror carps usually from the british genetic strain of carp they are extremely rare, lots of fish farms in the UK sell juveniles. i don't know about importing fish though.

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Perfect size, just have to check a few things first, can you ship? I'm outside pittsburgh. Thanks about the hybrid but I need a pure, it's for a Lake Erie biotope and there's no hybrid stripers in erie, as much as I'd love to have one regardless it would outgrow the 180-240 gal it'd go in, if I ever get a larger tank or a pond I'll let you know about the hybrid though :)
Nice man that will be a awesome biotope. I think I'll be able to ship. i will keep a eye out locally for white bass. supposedly a local fish hatchery has them but i've never seen any in his ponds though.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I've heard of them sold as Israli Shad for catfish. I really have not been to any tackle shops out that way so I don't if they sell them to guys that catfish on the Susquehanna

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
This thread needs to be closed unless the OP is licensed fish collector and is harvesting native fishes legally.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store